The Sir William Turner Foundation is a registered educational charity, Charity Number 1075225. The Foundation has eight Trustees, with a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer as its officers.
The Foundation originates from the charitable bequest of Sir William Turner in his will of 1692, which led to the establishment of the Free School at Kirkleatham in 1709. The Foundation has had many amendments in its long history. The last major one being in 1999, following the merger in 1994 of Sir William Turner’s Sixth Form College and Cleveland Technical College Redcar. This established its current links with Redcar & Cleveland College and the Foundation supports educational activity in the College.
The Foundation makes annual grants to departments to assist with college activities that fall outside the standard curriculum. These include educational visits and equipment to support student learning that do not qualify for regular curriculum funding.
The Foundation supports the college’s Achievement Awards also with cash bursaries, recognising students, who have made the most significant achievements in each academic year in each of the College’s departments.
Income from the sale of the former Sixth Form College site on Redcar Lane, part-owned by the Foundation, was re-invested in the new Redcar and Cleveland college building that opened in 2009 and the Higher Education extension that came in 2011.
Enquiries regarding the work of the Foundation can be addressed to: The Secretary, Sir William Turner Foundation, c/o Redcar & Cleveland College, Corporation Road Redcar, TS10 1EZ.
Please note: The Foundation regrets that it is unable to respond to requests from individual students and it does not support sponsored or fund-raising events.